Tuesday 9 June 2015

Kairouan streets


























Some more photos of the miraculous Kairouan.. So many new things and colours. Blue was said to be anti-mosquito colour.. After a day walking on the streets my head was full of little sand that I thought was coming from the desert outside the city. These photos are from the Medina- old part of town.

Kairouan is an old artisanal town with beautiful carpets, wool, fabrics, jewellery, leather, silver and gold. Like a treasure box. I bought a carpet made of camel wool, and some wool to knit something for winter. I didn't have time to go to hammam since I was so into photography but next time then.

When I photograph a new thing, especially if I have only one week like here, I concentrated fully on making a good photographic work- I really hope it works out fine. We were about 30 photographers from Europe and Africa- and we also had local guides to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment